Dreaming about buying but not sure where to start? That’s what I’m here for! Here are some of the most popular questions I’ve been asked by first-time home buyers.
And remember, if you have any questions about buying – shoot me over a message, I’m here to help!
Should I Talk With A Banker Before Looking At Homes?
Yes! Here are some benefits of talking to a banker.
- You can get pre-approved and understand your spending limits.
- Check to see if you qualify for a first-time homebuyer program.
- You will discover the costs associated with buying a home.
- A mortgage professional can give you advice on financing.
Am I Ready To Buy A Home?
Consider these questions to determine if you are ready.
- Are you in debt?
- Do you have a steady, reliable, long-term job?
- Have you saved anything for a down payment?
- Can you afford a mortgage, taxes, utilities, and insurance?
Should I Buy Instead of Rent?
Benefits of owning instead of renting.
- Tax Breaks (Interest & property tax)
- Financial Gains & Equity
- Security, privacy, and independence
Should I Hire A Real Estate Agent?
Yes! Here is how a Real Estate Agent can make a difference.
- An agent simplifies the entire process and prevents you from overpaying or having issues with the contract.
- An agent has access to listings in MLS, advises on home values, negotiates with sellers, and provide guidance and services throughout the entire process.
Should I Buy A Home Before Selling My Current One?
It depends on your financial situation, preferences & other factors.
- A Pro is you can remodel before moving in and take your time with moving.
- A Con is you will carry 2 mortgages and manage 2 homes at the same time.
- An option is to add a Contingency to your contract.
- Ask an experienced real estate agent and they will guide you to the right decision.
Still looking for more answers?
A successful home buying experience is all about getting the details right from start to finish. If you know what to expect, it doesn’t have to be stressful or confusing.
Download your FREE home buyer guide.